Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Neroli Blossom & Orange

I admit it -- I love the fragrance of  Neroli Blossom.    Tonight is no exception.  I am sitting outside at a birthday party.  It is very warm & slightly breezy in Los Angeles, a typical summer night.  All at once, I begin to smell orange blossoms in bloom.  I look up and there are dozens of white blossoms overheard.  For where we live, it is  late in the season.  My host tells me that this orange tree is a late-blooming variety.  Now I am pulling the flowers off the trees and rolling them in my hands while I take in their fragrance -- my husband is pretending not to notice and the person next to me can not understand what the big deal is.  Once home, I went straight to my studio to work on a blend to wear tomorrow.    What struck me about the flowers tonight is how crisp and fresh they were - a very distinct citrus top note.  Here is what I came up with.

2 parts Pink Grapefruit & Jasmine
1 part Neroli Blossom & Orange
1 part White Tea & Ginger
1/4 part Bergamot (optional)

Happy Blending!

Melange Perfume
Los Angeles, CA
www.melangeperfume.com
melangeperfume@gmail.com

No comments: